Information for tenants / Emergencies
As listed by the Residential Tenants Act, Emergency repairs are:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken toilet
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the property for hot water, cooking or heating
- a fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a tenant
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the property that unduly inconveniences a tenant in gaining access to, or using, the property.
All other repairs are considered routine repairs, which can be discussed with your Property Manager within our normal business hours/days.
Should you experience an Emergency outside our business hours, please follow these steps:
Please try our available staff members first for instruction:
Kristy: 0413 367 278
Greg: 0412 499 424
Andy: 0414 462 828
If they are not available, please follow the below procedure:
1. It is critical that the repair is deemed as an Emergency repair (as listed above by the Residential Tenancies Act), you don’t want to be out of pocket for something that could of waited until Monday. The landlord will not cover costs if the repairs do not comply).
2. If your lease does not provide for emergency contacts please contact our nominated emergency/after hour repairers:
Foreshore Plumbing 0419 684 899
Parnell Electrical 0409 529 914
T.Hayes Gas Fitting Services 0432 571 706 (If Tom is unable to help, please contact your gas supplier)
3. If you cant get hold of our repairers you can contact a suitably qualified person to complete the repairs to a maximum of one weeks’ rent
4. Immediately notify us in writing of the incident firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Forward the tax invoice from the repairer to your property manager within 7 days (our suppliers will invoice us directly).